Nigeria Navy Direct short service recruitment commence,Check procedures, guidelines and requirement here at nigerianinfor.com
1. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified.Nigerians for enlistment into the Nigerian Navy through the.Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course 26. Online registration starts on 3 October 2018 and closes on 14 November 2018. The departments and entry requirements are listed below.
2. Seaman: BSc/HND in Nautical Sciences. Membership of
relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
3. Accounts and Budget: Bachelor’s degree or HND in
Economics and Accounting. Membership of a professional
body like ICAN, ANAN, ACMA, ACCA, ACA will be an added
4. Chaplain: Bachelor’s Degree in Theology from a
registered institution of theology from either of the
a. Catholic Mission.
b. Protestant Mission.
Applicants must have completed 2 years apprenticeship in
Apostolic Ministry and be recommended from the pastoral
missions. In addition to qualifications required, applicants
must be of male gender and duly ordained clergy of their
respective Christian faith.
5. Education: Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)/ B.Sc Ed in
relevant fields. Holders of first degree with PGD in the
following fields are also eligible:
e. Library Science (B.Sc)
g. French Language.
h. Chinese Language.
i. Guidance and Counselling.
j. Computer Science.
k. Arabic Language6. Engineering: B.Sc or B Eng qualifications in the
a. Naval Architecture/Ship Design.
b. Mechanical/Marine Engineering.
c. Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
d. Aircraft Engineering/Aeronautical Engineering.
Membership of Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) and
Council of Registered Engineers of Nigeria (COREN) will be
an added advantage.
7.Human Resource Management: B.Sc, BA, HND or
equivalent qualification in:
a. Personnel Management.
b. Public Administration.
c. Human Resource Management.
Membership of National Institute of Management and other
relevant bodies will be an added advantage.
8. Hydrography: B.Sc or HND in the following fields:
d. Physical Oceanography.
Membership of National Institute of Statistics will be an
added advantage. Applicants with B.Sc degree in Physics
and Mathematics must possess a Post Graduate Diploma
in Land Survey to be eligible.
9. Imam: Bachelor of Arts in Islamic Studies. Diploma in
Counselling Psychology will be an added advantage10. Information: B.Sc or HND in the following fields.
a. Mass Communication.
c. Public Relations.
d. Printing Technology.
f. Television Production.
g. Computer Technology (Desktop Publishing).
Membership of Nigerian Institute of Public Relations will
be an added advantage.
11. Information and Communication Technology: B.Sc/
B.Tech/ B.Eng in Computer Science or Computer
Engineering. Priority will be given to candidates with
relevant qualification in:
a. Website development and management.
b. Networking and network administration.
c. Programming multimedia and software
d. Server and database administration.
e. Information and cyber security.
Certification in relevant fields will be an added advantage.
12. Medical. The following medical fields with requisite
entry qualifications are available:
a. General Doctors/Dental Surgeons: MBBS, MBchB
or equivalent. Must be fully registered by the Medical
and Dental Council of Nigeria and possess a current
b. Pharmacy: B.Pharm degree and full registration
with the Pharmacy Council of Nigeria as well as have
a current practicing license.
c. Medical Lab Science: Either a BMLS or AIMLS/
equivalent and be fully registered with the Medical
Laboratory Scientist Council of Nigeria as well as
possess a current practicing license.
d. Radiographer: Minimum of BSc/HND in
Radiography with current practicing license.
e. Physiotherapy: B. Physiotherapy or BMR (Bachelor
of Medical Rehabilitation). Must be registered with
the Medical Rehabilitation Therapist Registration
Board of Nigeria (MRTB) and possess a current
f. Optometry: Doctor of Optometry. Must be a fully
registered optometrist, dispensing optician by the
Optical Council of Nigeria and have a current
g. Medical Records/Health Information Management:
Minimum of BSc/ HND required with a current
h. Dietician: B.Sc or HND Dietician/Nutrition. Must be
registered with Dietetics Council of Nigeria with a
current practicing license.
i. Clinical Psychology: BSc/HND in Clinical
Psychology and Applied Psychology, with a current
practicing licensej. Biomedical Engineer: BSc/HND in Biomedical
Engineering with a current practicing license.
k. Public Health Officer: BSc/HND in either
Health or Community Health Information and
Education. Must be fully registered with the
Environmental Health Officers Registration Council of
Nigeria (EHORCON) and possess a current practicing
l. General Nursing/ Midwives: B.NSc and RN/RM with
current practicing license. Post basic qualification in
any of the following fields will be an added
(1) Accident and Emergency Nurse.
(2) Intensive Care Unit Nurse.
(3) Peri-Operative Nurse.
(4) Ophthalmic Nurse.
(5) Dialysis/Renal Nurse.
m. Hospital Administration: BSc/HND Hospital
Administration with current practicing license.
13. Music: BA/HND in Music. Proficiency in any musical
instrument will be an added advantage.
14. Sports/PT: BA/HND in Physical & Health Education or
Human Kinetics and Health Education. Proficiency in any
physical sport will be an added advantage.
15. Logistics: BSc/HND/B Eng in the following fields:
a. Transport Management.
b. Economics, Business Management or in
Purchasing and Supply.
d. Catering/Hospitality Management.
e. Civil Engineering.
f. Quantity Survey.
g. Structural Engineering.
h. Estate Surveyor and Value.
h. Final Certificate of Nigerian Institute of Transport
Technology16. Legal Services: LLB and BL (A minimum of 2 years
post qualification experience is required).
GENERAL INFORMATION TO CANDIDATES
1. Applicants are warned against giving false information
or tendering fake certificates. Any false information or fake
certificates discovered at any stage will lead to
disqualification and subsequent prosecution of the
2. Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class
Upper Division for holders of First degree and Upper Credit
for HND holders. Computer literacy will be an added
3. Applicants must possess certificates of full registration
with their respective statutory professional bodies in
4. Applicants who obtained credentials from foreign
institutions should ensure the certificates are
authenticated by the Federal Ministry of Education.
5. All applicants must be single.
6. All applicants must present O’level West African
Examination Certificate (WAEC), in addition to any other
results such as NECO. Credit in Mathematics and English
7. NYSC discharge certificate or letter of exemption from
NYSC is compulsory for the whole process.
8. Male applicants must not be less than 1.68 metres tall
while female applicants must not be less than 1.65 metres
9. Applicants should be between 22 and 28 years of age
by 28 February 2019. Except for Chaplains and Imams
who should not be more than 30 years.
10. Serving personnel, Soldier/Rating/Airman, and other
paramilitary services personnel must obtain a letter of
attestation duly signed by the heads of their units.
11. Applicants will be shortlisted for a qualifying aptitude
test. The date and time of the Aptitude Test will be
communicated via this website.
12. Applicants are to choose any of the following centres
for the qualifying aptitude test:
a. Abuja – (1) Army Day Secondary School,
Mogadishu Barracks, Abuja.
(2) Command Day Secondary School, Lungi
b. Bauchi – Command Day Secondary School,
c. Owerrinta – Nigerian Navy Finance and Logistics
College, Owerrinta, Imo State.
d. Lagos – (1) Nigerian Navy Secondary School,
Navy Town Ojo.
(2) Navy Town Secondary School, Navy
Town Ojoe. Port-Harcourt – Nigerian Navy Secondary School,
f. Sokoto – Army Day Secondary School, Giginya
13. Applicants are to come along to the Aptitude Test
Centres with the following:
a. Photocopies of Degree and NYSC Discharge
b. Parents/Guardian Consent Form.
c. Acknowledgement Form.
14. Applicants are to note that the entire enlistment
process is free and they should refrain from giving money
to any individual under any guise.
SUBMISSION OF FORM
15. On completion of the application form, applicants are
advised to click ‘SUBMIT’ on the portal and generate the
applicant’s Transaction ID. Applicants are advised to print
out a copy of the ‘Application Summary. just comment or subscribe to here site fore more update.